APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN for 2017-2018 Global Connect SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME.
The scholarship scheme aims to bring together hard working and successful young people from different countries and a wide range of backgrounds to study and live together. The scholarship scheme has been running for over 20 years and awards can be as large as 100% of fees.
Scholarship students will:
- receive a once in a lifetime opportunity to study at a fully accredited international school whose graduates have received places from top universities in the world;
- develop a sense of our ‘global village’ and cultivate a true world-view;
- enjoy living on a private international co-educational campus in a beautiful, safe tropical setting;
- experience the personal challenge of studying living away from home for a number of years;
- contribute to their home country’s economic development by enriching the pool of expertise;
- experience at first hand the vibrancy of Asian and Thai culture;
- study British IGCSE and IB Diploma and graduate with qualifications with world-wide respect and value;
- improve English to full fluency in a school where all teachers are native English speakers;
- travel both in Thailand and beyond through the Regent’s enrichment programmes and
- make friends with students of internationally oriented families from over 35 different countries and establish a network of friends and contacts for life.
Who should apply?
Successful students are expected to:
- be of above average academic ability;
- have keen interest in and contribute to extracurricular activities such as community service, music, sport, outdoor pursuits in school or the wider community and
- be good role models.
The Regent’s International School
- There are currently 725 students from 38 countries studying at the Regent’s International School, Bangkok.
- The 2015 International Baccalaureate results at Regent’s were the best in Thailand and every year the school out-performs the global IB world average. IGCSE results are above UK averages in every subject. Recent graduates were accepted to study at Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial College, King’s College London, UCL, etc in the UK; Stanford, Wharton, UC-Berkeley and other prestigious institutions in the US. Most leavers attend universities featured on the world’s top 200.
- Approximately 85% of boarding students at The Regent’s International School, Bangkok are international students. The schools is fully accredited by Council of International Schools, is a member of the Federation of British Schools in Asia and also a member of The Boarding Schools Association.
- At present there are nearly 20 Global Connect scholars from Estonia, Slovakia, Lithuania, Armenia, Bhutan, Afghanistan and Nepal.
Scholarship Programme One: Two years
- The two-year scholarship programme is for those who wish to study for an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma in 2020.
- Selected students will be about to complete American Grade 10 or British Year 11 and will have a strong written recommendations from their school Principal.
Scholarship Programme Two: Four Years
- The four-year scholarship programme is for those who wish to study for British IGCSE for two years and if their performance is outstanding they will continue to receive scholarship to study for an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma which will take the remaining two years.
- Selected students will be about to complete Grade 8 (US) or Year 9 (UK) and have a strong written recommendation from their school Principal.
- The selection process involves an intensive test in both English and Mathematics and an on-line assessment. Short-listed candidates will be invited for a comprehensive interview. Successful applicants will be notified well in advance of the new academic year.
- 20% to 100% reduction in tuition and boarding fees will be awarded to successful candidates.
Global Connect Scholarship Programme
- Maximum of 20 scholarship places available.
- Maximum scholarship offered is 100% of fees.
- The scholarships are offered into Year 10 and Year 12.
- Written tests will be sat in English and Mathematics along with an on-line assessment.
- The scholarship covers all boarding and tuition fees. Personal expenses and transport costs are not covered by the scholarship.
- Applicants must complete the Global Connect application form.
- Results will be known within a month of sitting the assessment – allowing time for interviews, receipt of all references and meeting of the selection committee.
For more information contact email@example.com
Telephone: 02 957 5777 ext. 202
Mobile: 092 362 8888