Key Stage 3 (Year 7 to 9)
The Regent’s International School Key Stage 3 Curriculum for Year 7 to 9 builds on the foundations of knowledge, understanding and skills developed in the Primary School. It seeks to deliver a 21st century education to meet the needs of our young and society. It aims to ensure that our children become well rounded leaders for the future; children that grow into
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- Confident individuals who are able to lead safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- Responsible citizens who make a contribution to society
In order to meet the interests and needs of individual students, as well as the changing demands and challenges society poses, there is a need to support children in a number of core areas such as functional skills but also in terms of their personal, learning and thinking skills.
Our Key Stage 3 Curriculum therefore has a strong emphasis on functional skills such as
- Literacy (specifically reading, writing, speaking, listening in English)
- ICT and digital literacy
There is also an emphasis on developing approaches to learning linked to
- Collaboration and interdependence
- Critical thinking
- Creativity and resourcefulness
Students develop this core knowledge and skills through a broad and balanced curriculum composed of a range of subject areas including Languages (First and Second), Humanities, Sciences, Maths, Arts and Sports. The curriculum is delivered by dedicated, professional, caring and experienced international teachers who place your child at the heart of everything they do.
At Regent’s International School, we place great importance on wellbeing and aim to ensure students feel safe, stay healthy and are happy. We provide support for student’s mental and emotional welfare and offer a range of opportunities beyond the classroom including anything from MUN to drama and music to sporting activities as well as outward bounds and curricular trips that further enrich a child’s education.
At Regent’s International School, our Key Stage 3 curriculum will not only prepare students for IGCSEs, the IB Diploma and university, it will support them in developing into well rounded leaders.
- Ms. Natasha Overy - KS3 Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Charles Barrow - Deputy Head of Secondary - email@example.com
- Dr. Peter Jones - Head of Secondary - firstname.lastname@example.org