Boarding is an intrinsic part of Regent’s International School and can offer families many options. Whichever one you choose, boarding life still is, without doubt, enormous fun and provides numerous opportunities for personal growth and challenge. We have a growing boarding community and our team of dedicated boarding staff ensure that each and every one of them are happy and well looked after.
We believe that boarding with us helps students to develop confidence, character and independence, which over time results in a more mature and open minded individual.
In addition to developing their own characters, after just a short period of time in our boarding community, students gain:
- A sense of and respect for community living.
- A passion for excellence.
- An understanding of a need for balance in mind, body and spirit.
Our enviable position of being a boarding school in Bangkok ensures a diverse range of weekend activities, from shopping, theatre and cinema visits to sport, charitable projects and cultural trips. There is something for everyone!
Besides supervised prep in the evenings pupils can do a range of activities from swimming, baking, gym, zumba or join in a house theme night of fun.
Regent’s boarding facilities is housed on a separate campus to the school and therefore provides a spacious and beautiful environment with 1st class boarding accommodation, swimming pool, football pitch, large dining hall and common rooms.
Boarding accommodation can be shared or single with a maximum of 3 in a room. Each house is equipped with wireless connection facilities.
We provide 24 hours on site security with finger scan security to access the boarding houses.
Five reasons to board at Regent’s International School, Bangkok:
In a unique residential campus environment in which our boys and girls live, students are immersed in the camaraderie of common experience, friendship, trust and honesty.
The responsibility of appropriate independence under the mentoring of teaching staff and house staff.
Boarding school graduates are uniquely prepared for university life. Statistics reveal that graduates arrive at universities better prepared for both the academic rigor and social challenges that university present.
Across the board, boarding school students participate in more extracurricular activities than other students, whether it’s exercising and playing sports, engaging in music and drama or club activities.
With set prep times and the opportunity to have help with their homework from teaching staff who are on duty, students are prepared for the academic challenges ahead of them.
- Full Boarding: Full Boarding consists of seven nights a week during term time. There is no allocated leave out at weekends. However, if you would like to spend a weekend at home or with friends or relatives you may do this on any weekend providing you have permission.
The cost of Full boarding THB 102,500 per term for Secondary and THB 88,000 for Primary (Year 4 – 6)
- Flexi Boarding: Flexi Boarding consists of 3 nights per week. Pupils will be allocated a permanent bed space. Flexi Boarding helps boys and girls to become more mature, self-reliant and confident and forges firmer friendships; friendships formed in boarding schools are bonds for life. Parents may choose weekly-boarding because their children normally have a long journey into school and they would like to lessen the travelling during the week, or because they would like to see if they like boarding, or just because that’s how many nights away from home they feel comfortable with.
The cost of 3 night’s Flexi Boarding is 4,800 baht per week and will be charged in advance at the beginning of each term.
- Occasional Boarding: Occasional Boarding offers pupils the opportunity to get a ‘taste’ of boarding without having to make a permanent commitment. It useful for sleepovers with friends, or when parents are absent from home for short periods.Occasional Boarding is subject to availability and where there is bed space.
The cost of an occasional Boarding nights is 1,600 baht per night and this will be charged in arrears at the end of each term.
The Boarding House is closed over the Christmas and Summer holidays however we understand that for some families it can be difficult to travel home during the shorter breaks. We offer both Residential Service and Adventure trips for our boarders. Adventure trips vary in cost according to the distance and the length of the outing.
Ask our Admissions Department for a tour! Contact email@example.com or call 02 957 5777 ext. 202, 222 or 092 362 8888